Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Forgotten but Not Gone

GOOD MORNIN' WORLD!!!

My goodness, can you believe my last post was in April?! I was not anticipating that I would leave my new blogging adventure for that long...actually at all. When I published that post, I was so excited to continue writing on a regular basis. WOMP! WOMP! I failed miserably! So now I'm crossing my fingers and toes that, this time, it sticks.
 
Let me catch you up on a few things...
 
As you may or may not know, Cody and I have been struggling to find jobs....for MONTHS! Years in my case. I've had a little part-time work here and there since I graduated from ECU in 2009, but nothing permanent or full-time. It crushes me time and time again that I cannot find a decent job when I worked so hard to earn my degree. And I am swimming in college loan debt. My diploma is tucked away in a drawer because I don't want to look at it. Sadly, I am not alone in this boat. We all know how bad the job market is. Higher education is no guarantee that you will get a job either. Not trying to be negative, but with the direction this world is going in, I don't see it getting better. But here's the thing:  I AM NOT GIVING UP! I know that God has a plan for my life and He is unfolding it one paper-thin layer at a time.
 
Here's some good news! Cody may be starting a job VERY soon. He has been told that the job is his. He's just waiting for some details to be hammered out. Y'all, this is a MAJOR blessing for us in more ways than one. When Cody lost his job last September, he immediately started looking. Everyday, he was on the phone, on the computer, on the road looking. Over the course of these past 11 months, no stone has gone unturned. When you can't find a job to provide for your family, it starts to attack your morale. Cody had gotten extremely discouraged, but he did not give up! He has been faithful in prayer and has had such a positive attitude. So, I'd say the family morale has been boosted since we received this good news.
 
The kids. My, oh my, the kids. They are AMAZING! Not perfect, just simply amazing. It's hard to put into words how much I enjoy and love them. Moms, you know. Landon and Avery get along so well together. They are each other's universe. It's the sweetest thing I've ever seen! Every morning, Avery likes to break in to her brother's room. Now you would think that brother would be mad when little sister busts up in his room and climbs and jumps all over him, waking him up. Nope, not this brother! He bursts out laughing at her and tells her how cute she is. Melt.my.heart. And as weeds do, they are growing up right before my eyes.

Swing Swing 
 She LOVED it!
 Landawg strikes a pose.
 She loves to eat eat!
 Look at those lashes!
 She works the iPad like a BOSS!
Quite the gamer.
 
Landon just started the third grade. He is extremely smart, but is not a fan of school. I can't really blame him. I do try my best to only say positive things about school, and pump him up as much as I can. He tends to stress out about school a lot. I'm hoping and praying that Landon adjusts and has a great year.
 
I could write more, but I will save it for another time. Lots more to talk about. Adios!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Landon is a very sweet brother! You guys keep the faith, your breakthrough is coming!!! Love ya'll to pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jules! I can feel it coming! And God really has been sooooo good. We love y'all too!!!

    ReplyDelete